Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 4: What am I hungry for...



Visit our website for today’s food tip about

Artificial Sweetners...

UNEDITED

Peace peoples,


This is the mid-way point. How ya doing?

THE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS/SUGGESTIONS YOU’RE EMAILING, CALLING AND TEXTING US, PUT IT ON THE BLOGS INSTEAD, COMMENT ON THE BLOGS PEOPLE and we’re asking this of you because there aint "nuffin" to be ashamed of and your comments/questions/concerns/suggestions will help all of us. We are doing this together. And remember the ground rules of in the round, this is not a spectator event. This is reciprocity, give and take. Don’t take more than you need and you give something to the process as well.

A few tips and points of clarity as we proceed:

  • NO meat includes no fish and shrimp.
    As far as rice and pasta. Minimize it and if you do have it, eat whole-wheat pasta or brown rice.
    FYI: Flattop Grill has brown rice, rock on wit yo bad self Flattop.
  • Do NOT overdo it on the fruits, remember green is the magic word. Green vegetables.
  • As we proceed from here, minimize your contact with toxins, i.e. Household cleaning products and harsh chemicals (even relaxers).
  • Stop eating at 7pm. No more food intake after 7pm. This allows for better digestion.
  • Sleep: For the next three days get 8-10 hours of sleep. Allow your body to rest.
    Portions are important that is why I refer to things as handful or tablespoon. I aint into weighing food but simple measurements to know my intake.
  • For those of you that want to continue with the cleansing some of us are going 30-days and we’ll build up to a fast. So email us to let us know if you want to go beyond the 7-Day Cleanse. aquamoon@spokenexistence.com

I will definitely be doing the 8-10 hours of sleep effective tomorrow cuz tonight, I’ll have a late evening and I’m on deadline for a project at my full-time gig so today is my hump day.

Tonight Aqua and I are teaching our Communiversity course this evening at the Chicago Freedom School. From the (B)lack (A)rts (M)ovement to Hip-Hop. Check out the Chicago Freedom School and the amazing work that they're doing.

In addition, we have rehearsal with our cast directly after Communiversity. It’s quite settling, comfortable and refreshing to be working with members of our cast again. These sistas got these personalities that compliment each other and us. They keep us laughing, true to ourselves and making sure that we are writing and executing our craft responsibly. There is a different process for Aqua and I when we're preparing material for the two of us and when we're creating for a cast. Come to think about it, I think we're freer when we're writing works that others will perform. But we're also harder on ourselves when we're writing for a cast stage production. We get real anal...lol lol lol. We think that there should be integrity in being a writer, especially writing works for others to bring to life on the stage. Big shout out to all the actors and actresses we’ve worked with since the beginning. It’s also good to see our cast members hone their skills and have life experiences that add to their craft.

I digress to yesterday’s post about the female condoms. You have to use your fingers to insert and guide the female condom to your cervix...I was thinking yesterday that this would be a challenge for many of us because we think touching ourselves is nasty. Well, I dont think touching myself is nasty *insert smiley face here* but I am a sista so we reflect each other.

Girls and womyn, especially Black girls and womyn, get okay with looking at yourself and touching yourself. If you have never looked at your vagina make it into a ceremony— your own private ceremony. Buy a hand-held mirror at the Dollar Store and decorate it. Bedazzle it, get some paint, glitter etc and decorate it. Burn some candles, play inspirational music and sit with yourself, and when you are ready look inside of yourself. It aint nasty.

We must demystify our vagina and get away from thinking it is nasty or that we are nasty for looking at ourselves or touching ourselves. The world has told us that we are nasty, dirty and bad. NO we are NOT. Reclaim your power. It aint nasty to know what you look like ‘down there’ or how parts of yourself feel. A man or another person does not have to show you or guide you on how you feel or what makes you feel good, find out for yourself. Know you, know your body, ALL OF YOUR BODY. Know that "Divine Thang," that is your sacred seat, your core, that is priceless between your legs. Honor her, don’t be scared of her or let anyone tell you she or you are nasty.

I don’t have any cute transition here so I stand solid in my female warrior stance as I go from talking about vaginas to talking about food…lol lol lol.

Food yesterday was a bit of a challenge but I made it through. I had to get Oprah with myself. "Moon, what are you hungry for, this is not about food…" lol lol lol lol. But seriously, I had to sit still and have a moment, actually momentS, of clarity with myself. It’s simple, I was hungry for some rest, I had a full day and night on Saturday, and my body and brain needed to rest. I needed to be centered so yoga was good yesterday.

I like yoga because unlike team sports, yoga is all about me. With yoga I give myself permission to be selfish and focus on me. It’s about me reaching my level and not comparing myself to the other sistas. Me, me, me…Even with in it being about me, I do not shut myself down. I remain open to nonverbal communication and communing with the other sistas so that we can share energy and space as a part of our sacred wombon sista circle.

I am a part of a sacred wombon sista circle and we met yesterday. We’ve been practicing yoga...tho I was tired I pressed my way through but, by the end of yoga, the last coupla poses— I was done, couldn’t even concentrate just wanted to lay on the mat. lol lol lol. I had a 30-second delay all day…And when we came out of a cat cobra pose (iont know the technical name for it) to go into a downward facing dog I was like, "nope, my body is done." I lay on the mat and waited the three minutes for the ‘melt into the floor’ cool down.

It’s funny cuz we’ve gotten to know the music our instructor uses, so we know when she is going to say, "and hold in this position breathing deeply…" lol lol lol. Anyhoo, I call it ‘melt into the floor’ because that’s what you do. You lay flat on your back and let it all go, no tension complete nothingness. Feet fall to each side, arms to the side, palms down— for me, this is surrender. I give it all to the Most High. I was dragging, but I am glad I participated. I got some good deep breathing in and I did push myself on a few of the poses that normally challenge me.

Meals:

  • Green Smoothie (green meal, lecithin, flax oil, coconut water, a coupla chunks of frozen cantaloupe and frozen blackberries) I freeze FRESH fruit for the smoothies, instead of using ice.
  • Guacamole (yummy yummy, my favorite), lettuce, corn tortillas and refried black beans. I limited the refried black beans to two-tablespoons.
    The refried black beans were calling my name, lol lol lol, but people resist refried beans if you can during this cleansing, they are fattening.
  • Since I had the refried beans, I modified my last meal of the day and increased my vegetables. Spinach and raw okra and just a tablespoon of potatoes.
People, control the starches. For many of you doing the no meat, dairy etc is pushing it, but also be cognizant of your carb/starch intake. I aint saying eliminate it, but definitely reduce it the last days of this 7-Day journey.

Before going to bed last night. I packed up food for today. I even packed up enough food for dinner so that I wont be depriving myself while at Communiversity and rehearsal. Preparation is important.

Have an inspiring day and much love,
Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment