Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dating Bill of Rights...

I have a right to:

  1. Ask for a date
  2. Refuse a date
  3. Suggest activities
  4. Refuse any activities, even if my date is excited about them
  5. Have my own feelings and be able to express them
  6. Say, "I think my friend is wrong and his actions are inappropriate"
  7. Tell someone not to interrupt me
  8. Have my limits and values respected
  9. Tell my partner when I need affection
  10. Refuse affection
  11. Be heard
  12. Refuse to lend money
  13. Refuse sex any time, for any reason
  14. Have friends and space aside from my partner

I have the responsibility to:

  1. Determine my limits and values
  2. Respect the limits of others
  3. Communicate clearly and honestly
  4. Not violate the limits of others
  5. Ask for help when I need it
  6. Be considerate
  7. Check my actions and decisions to determine whether they are good or bad for me
  8. Set high goals for myself


From the Domestic Violence Advocacy Program of Family Resources, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment